Custom Search

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bigger Polly Pocket Dollhouse


Here is another house I'm working on...put it on the sidelines to make and finish the Monster High, because its so big....gotta get it out of here.....and into my nieces home....




I made this house 3 layers of cardboard thick, the one I made before this one, I only used 2 and it warped a bit, of course I didn't know back then what I know now....each house I made I learned something new which made the next house better and stronger....

I used the styrofoam on the roof to act as legs when house is opened, this way it doesn't make the top half of the house too heavy to lift... Then the paper mache, my favourite part...eek...

I read on most sites to use 3-5 layers of paper mache, but who has time for that, I only used 1, 2 in some spots....and it seems to be fine...I like taking short cuts and basically crossing my fingers that it'll work out...




Whew....finally done all the paper mache...

Oh yah, now the inside...I added more closets in this house, going to try to use magnets for closet doors, it has to be strong because this half of the house will be upside down when closed....




Now my favourite part, painting and decorating...this is when I am most creative, trying to figure out furniture and accessories real cheap...basically I look at all items in a whole new way....'how can I use this for the house' etc....This is how the house looks now, haven't touched it in weeks, working on the Monster High house, and only work on this on weekends...

Chairs are made of cardboard and paper mache, the legs are mini plastic forks I found at dollar store, cut it down to scale...table also cardboard and paper mache...stone wall is pebbles...flooring is shelf paper also found at dollar store...


SUBSCRIBE AND WE'LL KEEP YOU POSTED
THANK YOU!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...