Custom Search

Monday, April 29, 2013

Only 6 days until deadline...yikes!

Uh oh, only 6 days until the dollhouse contest deadline...I'm starting to panic. I did make some progress this weekend but not enough I think. I am still kicking myself for leaving this for the last minute. Below are pictures of what the rooms look like now, I have dressed them up a bit but still not sure how to finish them off. I pulled all my supplies from my shelf and laid it in front of me to figure out what to do.


I got a lot of these items from garage sales, the building blocks in the tray has be my
my favourite find...I made a lot of doll stuff using the blocks and now my supply is running low.


The kitchen is still not done, but at least I figured out what to do about
the fridge, I got a few building blocks and it works perfectly...whew, I thought
I was going to have to make something scratch. I'm think black cabinets, I have
a black plastic basket that is broken and I thought these would be
perfect for cabinets...I just hope its easy to cut and won't crack. I want to magnetize the
back so the cabinets can open, using the black plastic will hide the magnet.


I made shelves, table under tv, tv used to be the coffee table
but I wasn't happy with it, it was too dark with the couch, so I made another one
and I love it. I think there is too much birch-like furniture so I'm thinking
of painting shelves black with silver feet.  I definitely need an area rug too.


My favourite piece this weekend has to be the baby crib...it's still not finished, I have
to paper mache the bottom, paint it, then add some feet to it.


The bathroom...mmm...have no idea what to do with it...
not sure if I should paint the vanity...but then there will be too much white...
should I add wallpaper, I don't have anything right now that will look 
good in there...not sure what colour to paint it...urgh, oh yah and
I still need to make a toilet....lots of late nights this week.


All the furniture for the bedrooms is built, I just have to paint it, except the beds, 
I need to paper mache the bottoms. 


I love how the headboard turned out.

I would love to have curtains too but not sure if I'll have time.

Please tell me what you think so far. 





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...