Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Monster High Dollhouse

This is my biggest project so far, and probably will be the biggest unless I build myself a life size cardboard home.

This is the Monster High House I am making for my niece, I just can't say no to her, she received a few Monster High Dolls for Christmas, now she has 8. We are calling it "Skull Academy" for smart monsters..... There is a classroom on first floor, plus lounge with vending machine, the dorm rooms are the 2nd and 3rd floors...

This is the first step, gluing cardboard together, doubled up on the cardboard so the paper mache won't warp the cardboard, added alot of support so it doesn't buckle, I want this house to last forever.

I changed the balcony...took out the wooden sticks and replaced it with these mini plastic forks I found at the dollar store.
Now you can start paper mache, my favourite part....eek...gotta be done, makes the house stronger.

Make paper mache paste like yogurt texture...to avoid warping cardboard, cardboard cannot be wet too long, do a big chunk then put a fan on it to dry the cardboard, you can avoid warping or you can buy body paint, I read on a website that a thin layer of body paint will waterproof the cardboard so there won't be warping.

Now, my favourite part, the painting and decorating, painted the window frames metallic silver and black for the rest of it.
Check out my Youtube videos for tours.






The bathroom.
Painted black and I found these invitation cards at the dollar store.
 The stairs.


Thank you so much for visiting and please send us your comments
.

Check out our YouTube channel for house tours and more videos. :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm french and I love your dollhouse !!I love monster high !you are great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole thing u inspired me to try and make my own I have all of the girls but 2 and no boys yet but great job she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you give me some great ideas (i'm not an adult)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am French and I want to say ...
    I'm really impressed by your monster high dolls house and you made me give very very good ideas, I have loved the same house Monster High!
    But it will take me a long time to do the same ^ ^ (I'm 12 years old...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dollhouse is beautiful I really like it. You inspired me and my sister to make our own cardboard dollhouse thx

    ReplyDelete