Saturday, April 14, 2012

How To Make Miniature Version of George Nelson's Ball Clock

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog, this weekend I made a miniature version of George Nelson's Ball Clock, I love his designs. I also made the Marshmallow Sofa on an earlier post.
Check out my YouTube videos for both how to's...

GEORGE NELSON
With the diversity of materials used and their sculptural shapes, George Nelson clocks embody the joie de vivre of the 1950s. To this day, his wall clocks, including the George Nelson Ball Clock, remain a refreshing alternative to the usual timekeepers. The white ball clock is a fun, contemporary touch to any interior.This design was highly successful both as a popular consumer product and icon of high design.


My Miniature Version of George Nelson's Ball Clock



Materials Needed:
- beads, I used white but you can you any colour or even use more than one colour beads.
- little mirrors, I used little mirrors as my face but you can use anything thats round and small.
- match sticks, I used match sticks and painted them silver, I wish now I left it natural because its
  hard to see against the grey wall, you can also use wire...  if I were to make this again, I would 
  probably use needles.
- black cover stock, I used an old notebook cover.
- silver paint, for the matchsticks, urgh should have left it natural...maybe I'll make another one.

First...paint the match sticks silver...urgh why did I not skip this step...maybe once the rest of the house is done, I will go back and fix things up and paint the sticks white or even black???

Once sticks are painted and dried, cut them down to fit the clock face (mirrors). I also marked
the mirror in freehand...should have used a ruler...again...next time I'll get it perfect... I also drew a bigger circle around mirror so the sticks will be all similar in size around the clock face (mirror)....


Once all the sticks are glued to the back, glue the other mirror to the back of the front...does that make sense....I'm sure you know what I mean...

Now glue the beads to the end of the match stick.

Grab your card stock and make the clock hands...

And now you're done...its not perfect but it'll do for now...


Thank you for watching...tell me what you think or make your version of the Ball Clock and post it here!
before
after








3 comments:

  1. ¡Queda estupendo, muy autentico! Gracias por el tutorial. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one more great tutorial. Your mirror wall clock is beautiful!
    Thank you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg u r so awesome I love ur work heaps

    ReplyDelete